- British Values
- The Village Academy
- Key Information
- PE and Sports Premium
- Pupil Premium
- Admission Arrangements
- Special Education Needs (SEN)
- Ofsted, Results and Performance Data
- Equality and Accessibility
- Exclusion Arrangements
- EYFS and KS1 Phonics Scheme
- Who We Are / Staff List
- Headteacher's Welcome
Latest NewsView More
Our school is in Petham, a small, rural village, close to the city of Canterbury. We are very fortunate to be able to learn in such a beautiful setting. We are surrounded by sheep, trees and hills and are a stone's throw away from the local church with which we have strong links.
We have around 100 children on roll, divided into 4 classes. We are a busy, friendly school, withy lots going on. Petham Primary School is proud to be part of The Village Academy, a group of six schools who collaborate closely, which means we are able to share expertise, resources and best practice. This allows us to raise standards and achievements throughout the school and The Academy.
This website aims to give you a taster of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
Our vision is to be a happy, safe and secure learning environment for all members of our school community, where our values of Kindness, Respect, Tolerance and Resilience are evident in everything that we do.
Through nurturing our children, both academically and socially, we aim to provide them with secure foundations for life, so that they leave us with an excellent education, self-confidence, resilience and independence, respect for others and a love for learning.
The aims of our school
- For children to enjoy school and learning
- To develop a sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline.
- To work closely with children and parents in the pursuit of the highest standards.
- To develop children's own strategies for learning and improving.
- To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that reflects the needs of our children.
- To further develop our close links with the local community.
Petham is a happy and friendly place, where children enjoy learning (and playing!) and can achieve great things. Our website aims to provide you with a snapshot of all the exciting and interesting things we do, but it is so much better to come and see it in real life.
If you would like to find out more about us, visits from prospective parents are welcomed. Please contact our school office to make an appointment.
We look forward to meeting you.
Mrs Babiche Deysel